Supported in South Africa
Tel: +2711- 8882540
The most important feature of a raster to vector converter is the quality of its vectorization. The better the vectorization quality, the less time you will need to spend tidying up the vectorized image and the easier it will be to edit.
Scan2CAD v7's vectorization quality is substantially better than the vectorization quality of most other raster to vector converters. It matches the vectorization quality produced by the best convertor our evaluation could identify.
This is because:
- Scan2CAD implements routines for accurately positioning features such as corners and intersections and for producing a minimum number of vectors while retaining an accurate representation of the raster image.
- Scan2CAD identifies a range of vector types - lines, arcs, Bezier curves, circles, text, dashed and dotted lines, lined hatch patterns and arrows. This is important because it is much easier to edit (for example) a curve that has been identified as an arc or a Bezier curve than a curve that has been identified as a string of short lines.
Scan2CAD quick summary
- Vectorization quality that is substantially better than the vectorization quality of most other raster to vector converters. It matches the vectorization quality produced by the best.
- Simple to use.
- Includes dashed and dotted line style, arc, circle, Bezier curve, arrow and lined hatch pattern recognition.
- Includes OCR text recognition.
- Includes raster and vector editing tools.
- Converts up to A0/E size and larger.
- Includes tiling facility for scanning large drawings on desktop scanners.
- Works with all CAD programs including all versions of AutoCAD.
- Optionally includes CD and printed manual.
- The Pro version adds a Text Editor with Spellchecker and 30,000 word Design Dictionary for vectorized text, color vectorization, OCR Font Training, Batch vectorization and command line support.
- Requires Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000 or XP with minimum 32 RAM - the more RAM the better.